≡ Menu

Your Name In Hawaiian – N

Hawaiian Names Starting With the Letter:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Scroll down to your name in the list below and find its Hawaiian Name equivalent next to it:

[N]

Norma – Noma
Norman – Nolemana
Norris – Noleka

Hawaiian Names Starting With the Letter:

{ 13 comments… add one }
  • noelani February 28, 2009, 10:28 pm

why isnt my name here? it is hawaiian……..it means heavenly mists or sky mists.

• nakainani May 6, 2009, 10:23 am

y is mi name not up here

• editor May 7, 2009, 10:00 am

Sorry nakainani. Kai is already a Hawaiian name/word which means water.

• ku'ualohapumehanaka'eo July 12, 2009, 5:36 am

I just wanted to say that any hawaiian names that is a “translations” from a english name or a name of any other ethnicity that it isnt really hawaiian. You cant go up to a african tribesman and ask him how to say “mary” in his language cuz he’ll just say “mary”. the translation of names to hawaiian names is disrespectful to the hawaiian culture. hawaiians RECEIVE our names and theres only a few means by which to acquire a hawaiian name none of which is translating letters to a word that sounds hawaiian. the only names that are accepted amongst hawaiians that were translated this way are biblical names like kawika = david, kamuela = samuel etc. which the missionaries did to try to teach us the bible when they first arrived in hawai’i. other than that this form of finding a “hawaiian” name is unacceptable and disrespectful.

• ku'ualohapumehanaka'eo July 12, 2009, 5:53 am

also to the people who commented previously, your names dont appear here because your names are real hawaiian names and this website doesnt have any real hawaiian names. You probably received your name from a hawaiian relative which is one of the acceptable forms of receiving your name and not from a website. as part of the hawaiian culture your name is a gift from hawaiian relatives or ancestors and something sacred in our culture!

• editor July 16, 2009, 6:08 pm

Mahalo for your feedback ku’ualohapumehanaka’eo!

• Stella August 29, 2009, 12:47 pm

Natalie

• Julie September 20, 2009, 6:10 pm

I need the Hawaiian names for Hayley, Alec, Corey, Jenna & Brianna Please!

• Natasha January 10, 2010, 8:52 am

Please could you provide the name Natasha in Hawaiian. We have just returned from Hawaii. Loved it and are now scrap booking our journey.
    Thanks
    Kanela

• Kina December 8, 2011, 1:21 am

What about Noah and Branden? Thank you, love your site!

• Shay Kauwe December 9, 2011, 2:52 am

My mothers family is from Kamuela on big island. our ancestry last name was supposed to have originally been “Ka’aipu’upu’ukeaniani-kauwe” could you let me know the history and the meaning?? My mother was killed when I was 15years old and my mother left Hawaii after my two older sisters were born, just before I was born (in California).

Mahalo
    Donna Shay Kauwe
    531st MCT
    APO AE 09366

• judy December 27, 2011, 12:39 am

I am very close to a girl who is a local in Oahu. Born on the big island, she has been there her whole life. I am new there. Her friends call her Mary. She said I will learn what it means…that they use Mary like Auntie or cousin. What’s Mary mean then?

• Ruth Wilhite April 18, 2017, 7:31 am

I found this web site very informative, we are doing a retirement party, and as one of the gifts is a backscratcher with their American and Hawaiian names printed on them, the only name I couldn’t find was Laressa. Thank you for your help on all the other names. Respectfully Yours,
    Ruth-Luka